Changing Passwords & Email Addresses
It is important to keep your personal information current in Blackboard. This can done on the My Institution page of Blackboard or within any of your Blackboard course pages.
Your instructors and fellow students use Blackboard to send e-mails, so it is important to keep your information up-to-date.
- Click on the "My Institution" tab, then click on the Personal Information link.
- Click on the Change Password link. The change password screen will be presented.
- Type a new password using alphanumeric characters only. (passwords are case sensitive so use mixed case letters with caution.)
- Retype your new password in the Verify Password.
- Click on the [Submit] button
Setting Preferred Email Account
In Blackboard, your original e-mail address is set to your University address. Unfortunately, not every student uses this one so e-mails from instructors may not reach you. Make sure your Blackboard e-mail address reflects the account that you use most frequently.
- Click on Personal Information link located under the Tools tab. The Edit Personal Information screen will be presented.
- Type your preferred email address in the E-mail field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the [Submit] button.