Business Teaching & Learning Modules
Module contains general business, general math, and statistics teaching and learning modules that can be adapted for online and classroom based courses.
- Business Plan Center – Site contains a number of sample business plans and a library of resources contains links to hundreds of sites offering research materials on every area of planning a business.
- Biz/ed – A Web site for students and educators in business studies, economics, and accounting.
- Folio Business Simulations – Forio focuses on strategic planning and training simulations for mid- and senior-level managers. Forio provides development services (to build and launch a new simulation) and server software (to run simulations on desktop computers or over the web).
- Game Theory – "Game Theory .net serves as a clearinghouse for teaching materials. Educators can browse classroom preparation materials, including lecture notes and books, by degree of study (e.g., undergraduates or graduate students) and field (e.g., economics, political science)."
- Algebasics "is a fine online mathematics instructional resource that takes young and old alike through the basics of algebra. The breadth of the material is divided into sixteen sections, which begin with, "the basics," and proceed all the way to a section on applying algebra to real-world situations."
- Calculator for Normal Probabilities and Percentiles
- Interactive Statistical Calculation Pages – this portal provides links to multi-platform statistical software package, online statistics books, tutorials, downloadable software, and related resources.
- Mathematical Atlas – "This [site provides] a collection of short articles designed to provide an introduction to the areas of modern mathematics and pointers to further information, as well as answers to some common questions."
- "Online Statistics: An Interactive Multimedia Course of Study is an [online] introductory-level statistics book. The material is presented both as a standard textbook and as a multimedia presentation. The book features interactive demonstrations and simulations, case studies, and an analysis lab."
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics – " The applets in the simulations/demonstrations on this site are in the public domain and can be used without restriction.
- Stat Pages – This site provides links to free online statistics books, tutorials, downloadable software, and related resources.
- Statistical Resources on the Internet – collection of internet sites gathered by the University of Michigan Library.
- StatSource Electronic Textbook – "This Electronic Statistics Textbook offers training in the understanding and application of statistics. The material was developed at the StatSoft R&D department based on many years of teaching undergraduate and graduate statistics courses and covers a wide variety of applications, including laboratory research (biomedical, agricultural, etc.), business statistics and forecasting, social science statistics and survey research, data mining, engineering and quality control applications, and many others."
- The Central Limit Theorem – Java applet using the roll of dice to test the theorem
- VassarStats – The site helps students learn about probabilities, such as "Randomness and the Appearance of Pattern." Perform a "random-sample t-test" and dazzle your friends and professors. Tools include Probabilities, Distributions, Frequency, Correlation, ANOVA, and more. From Richard Lowry, Vassar College.
- Virtual Laboratories in Probability and Statistics – "The goal of this project is to provide free, high quality, interactive, web-based resources for students and teachers of probability and statistics. Basically, [their] project consists of an integrated set of components that includes expository text, applets, data sets, biographical sketches, and an object library."
- AdCracker.com – "Our culture is bombarded by ads, now learn more about them. AdCracker looks at how the buyer buys, how ads can make people think, feel and act, and how to create a brand. Creative Games and the Idea Machine (you'll find these AdCreative) can be used in the classroom. Help your students become more informed, or perhaps launch a few careers."
- Great Ideas for Teaching Marketing – Maintained by Thompson publishing.